CEETX - CEESEG Traded Index
Index launch: 17.09.2009
The CEESEG Traded Index (CEETX) is a capitalization-weighted price index which is made up of the 25 most actively traded and highest capitalized stocks of the members of the CEE Stock Exchange Group. The index is calculated and disseminated on a real-time basis in EUR and USD. CEETX is designed as a tradable index. Due to the excellent liquidity of the constituents, the index can be used as underlying for structured products and for standardized derivatives (futures & options).
|Short Code||ISIN||Bloomberg||Reuters||Calculation Time|
|CEETX EUR||AT0000A0EYH7||CEETXEUR<Index>||.CEETXEUR||CET 09:00 – 17:50|
|CEETX USD||AT0000A0EYJ3||CEETXUSD <Index>||.CEETXUSD||CET 09:00 – 17:50|
Main Features of the CEETX:
- Capitalization-weighted price index.
- Dividend payments or similar distributions are not considered.
- Only ordinary shares of companies which are listed and traded on the Budapest SE, Ljubljana SE, Prague SE or Vienna SE are eligible for inclusion into the CEETX.
- CEETX is calculated Monday to Friday on each day at least one of the following local stock exchanges is open for trading: Budapest SE, Ljubljana SE, Prague SE, Vienna SE. The local holidays will only be considered, if the respective market has at least a weight of 10% in the CEETX at end of November in the preceding year.
- The effective free float of a company is tracked by free float factors: 0.10 - 0.20 – 0.30 - 0.40 - 0.50 – 0.60 - 0.70 - 0.80 - 0.90 - 1.00.
- The representation factors can take values between 0.01 and 1.00 and are used to avoid an index member exceeding a maximum weighting cap of 10% on certain cut-off days.
- New index values are triggered by new traded prices of index members (update real-time) or by new exchange rates (bid/ask mid-prices, updates every 2 minutes).
- Quarterly review and adjustments of the weighting factors.
- Revision and changes to the index composition on a semi-annual basis (March / September).
- All decisions regarding the index are taken by the index committee.